Friday 23 November 2012

Jelly sandwich experiments turned dupe for Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light

I've been wondering what flakies would look like in a jelly sandwich, so I pulled several colours to see which I would like best. I put one coat of Essie Shine of the Times over two coats of each colour. I love how fiery the flakies look over the darker colours! When put over light colours, they give a subtle, opalescent effect.

 Polishes:
Left to right: American Apparel "Summerland Beach", "Moonlight Beach", OPI "Don't Touch My Tutu", "Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em", American Apparel "Pacific Beach"
When I went to put another layer of colour over the flakies, I saw that the Moonlight Beach sandwich  looks really, really similar to Deborah Lippmann Ray of Light! Ray of Light might be a tad deeper, but it's still pretty darn close. I was so amazed, I did a full mani of it.
I realize that if you were to buy both colours, the price would not be far from a bottle of Deborah Lippmann polish, but it's another option for people who might already own flakies, or can't get their hands on Ray of Light!

4 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day!
Please do not use this section to drop links that are irrelevant to the post's content. I reserve the right to remove these. If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail me.